Author Topic: Poker Rooms or Where do you like to play?  (Read 5899 times)

hobbs665

• Members
    • View Profile
Poker Rooms or Where do you like to play?
« on: August 11, 2008, 05:01:53 PM »
I've always wondered why people choose the poker rooms that they do. I'm wondering if many of the people here simply use the site that bucnright chooses for the freerolls. Well, I've been to a lot of different sites and prefer some over others.

I like the Carbon/Iron Dog sites and usually do well at Redstar/Cake, but the sound of raking the chips is a bit grating.

Absolute seems really slow to me, though I heard that was because of the 'super-users'.

What about between the bigdogs? Full Tilt, or PokerStars. Do you like DoylesRoom Room (I love their Quick Draw, but it is sort of hard to navigate the various tables.)

Lately, I've found myself playing Bodog the most. (Probably because that is the place I have a bit of bank roll.)

What about you?
The Horde: Alpha

witchywitchy

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Texaswheel
Re: Poker Rooms or Where do you like to play?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:38:08 AM »
Actually I never got a poker room from any forum because of the freerolls. Instead I downloaded to play the forum games with the other members.

Its how I ended up with so many skins on the now defunct DGS network. And how I got more envolved with Buc's forums. His forums limit the amount of sites they play at, so I didn't end up with cash strewn acrosss a poker network

Love the Merge network: Carbon, Ironduke, G2G and PokerNordica. I was a Beta tester for the original Merge site and have been amazed at how that network has taken off

Love the CakeNetwork: Cake, ThirdBullet and Redstar.  I was also a Beta tester for the original CakeNetwork and there too have been amazed at the growth and the way that software has developed

Then we come to the Everleaf network: With their one account network wide policy I only have Landshark. Yes, I know many have accounts on multiple skins - but risk having one or all closed at a moments notice.

I'm in one of the "bad" US states - tho I have been told by some people that I can play at Doyle, I've yet to find the time to give it a try. Before the law passed I loved playing PurpleLounge. Had some fun Texaswheel games there. Miss them very much :(

Bodog- Since taking over the day to day running of Texaswheel for Buc, I began playing Bodog Texaswheel has a Saturday league there. I prefer them to PokerStars and Fulltilt But I put them third on my list, after the CakeNetwork and MergeNetwork. Bodog, with the new Mohawk tribe ownership, has begun to put more emphasis on their poker client. It's interesting to watch all the changes happening to the poker software. The seemingly limitless funds of the Mohawk Nation are the real strength for Bodog now
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:53:45 AM by witchywitchy »

hobbs665

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »
Actually I never got a poker room from any forum because of the freerolls. Instead I downloaded to play the forum games with the other members.

Its how I ended up with so many skins on the now defunct DGS network. And how I got more envolved with Buc's forums. His forums limit the amount of sites they play at, so I didn't end up with cash strewn acrosss a poker network

Love the Merge network: Carbon, Ironduke, G2G and PokerNordica. I was a Beta tester for the original Merge site and have been amazed at how that network has taken off

Love the CakeNetwork: Cake, ThirdBullet and Redstar.  I was also a Beta tester for the original CakeNetwork and there too have been amazed at the growth and the way that software has developed

Then we come to the Everleaf network: With their one account network wide policy I only have Landshark. Yes, I know many have accounts on multiple skins - but risk having one or all closed at a moments notice.

I'm in one of the "bad" US states - tho I have been told by some people that I can play at Doyle, I've yet to find the time to give it a try. Before the law passed I loved playing PurpleLounge. Had some fun Texaswheel games there. Miss them very much :(

Bodog- Since taking over the day to day running of Texaswheel for Buc, I began playing Bodog Texaswheel has a Saturday league there. I prefer them to PokerStars and Fulltilt But I put them third on my list, after the CakeNetwork and MergeNetwork. Bodog, with the new Mohawk tribe ownership, has begun to put more emphasis on their poker client. It's interesting to watch all the changes happening to the poker software. The seemingly limitless funds of the Mohawk Nation are the real strength for Bodog now

What a great response, witchy! Being a relative newcomer to actually paying attention to the online poker world (as opposed to simply playing as I've done in the past), I'm finding these forums to be a wealth of information. The whole poker network thing with skins is a new thing to me and I'm fascinated by it. Cool to know a betatester for two of the up and comers!

I wasn't aware of the Fistfull of dollars behind Bodog, either. Very cool to know!
The Horde: Alpha

MAXX101

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 08:16:15 PM »
Witchy I wasn't aware of the one skin policy for Landshark an the other ones which I do play on all 5 of them if theres more I not aware of those lol I only have funds at poker royale since I won a freeroll there so no big deal thanks for sharing some knowledge!

patsfanjjb8

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 08:14:30 AM »
 I have 30 sites and not to many new ones i play on Cake,bet us, PokerStars,Absolute,Carbon,DoylesRoom,fulltilt i hope to see some of our members at the tables good luck

Whitewolf2k

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 07:25:11 PM »
I play on a few Sites my Self. Pitbull poker.com Bodog and PokerStars

rgchan

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »
I like the Merge networks too. I like the emoticons, the hand strength option, etc. But i Have 7 of them now and I know there are even more out there. It really becomes a scheduling problem when one forum has a Carbon game, another has a Duke game and yet another forum has a Reefer game. Merge seems strong but I,m still bitter about that DGS experience and others. 

rjlpoker

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 01:52:50 PM »
i like playing at Cake,pokerstarsand love playing at Ironduke see u all at the tables.

credsfan03

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 11:23:53 AM »
I like playing at Americas Cardroom.

apolo888

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 08:10:46 AM »
I like very much playing in CAMASINO.
The world first webcam poker.
You play poker there and make friends.Its an excellent poker room.

RBob

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 05:29:10 AM »
I started to play on Bitcoins. I find it better, because transactions fees so small. I play on Seals. I like it for android app.