Author Topic: we all love horses  (Read 3052 times)

jake1515

• Members
    • View Profile
we all love horses
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:29:18 AM »
we all love hores well i do anyway been a avid harnes raceing kind of guy been around em all my lif anyone else interested in horses folow this topic and lets chat

zforfree

• Members
    • View Profile
    • PokerSportsMore
Re: we all love horses
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 09:19:07 AM »
derby prep races should be starting. need to a good horse race web site thats easy to navigate know of any?

mikey_leiden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 09:36:44 AM »
I love horses too, but only when they are for diner  :-X

TicketMan4u

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:17:03 PM »
I worked a second job at the The Birmingham Race Course originally known as the Birmingham Turf Club when it first opened in March 1987. I had wagered on dog racing before but this was my first taste of the Sport of Kings. I ended up that season winning some and losing more. I ended up losing all that I had won plus all that I had earned. At the end of the racing season they were going to give away the Pick 6 and Pick 9 Jackpots to the ticket holders that had picked the most winners. I researched the horses running in all the races that night and made several parlays spending about $150.00 on 10 different tickets on the Pick 9 only. After the 4th race I had picked all 4 of the winners on one of my tickets. One guy offered my a $1,000.00 for it but I turned it down cause the jackpot was over $100,000.00. The next 4 races I lossed. My horse in the last race was the odds(9/2 or 9/5 i think) on favorite. My connections at the race told me that there were 10 ticket holders going into the last race that had picked 4 out of 9 winners so far. Nine of us had the odds on favorite as the winner, the other had a longshot so I figured the 9 of us was splitting 100k+. The race race started and the favorite was out the gate first, he/she was in the lead around the first turn then the second turn and the third. When it got to the final stretch here come the longshot and you guessed it.....the longshot one. One guy whose house was being repossessed, i think his car too, came to the track with $6, sold his program for another $2. Bought a Pick 6 ticket and a Pick 9 ticket, pick the winners in 5 out of 9 races and took home about $150,000.00+. Its all true. You can read about it in The Birmingham News. I never went back after that night.

zforfree

• Members
    • View Profile
    • PokerSportsMore
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 07:34:59 PM »
good story, im glad for that fellow usually its the person who doesnt need the cash that wins them jackpots

zforfree

• Members
    • View Profile
    • PokerSportsMore
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »
my pick won the derby, now on to the preakness........

zforfree

• Members
    • View Profile
    • PokerSportsMore
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 03:30:46 PM »
super saver didnt do so well in the preakness :(, not even going to run in the belmont ,on paper ice box seems a natural fit for the belmont