Author Topic: Warm Up With Play Money Before Real  (Read 1333 times)

highestkicker023

• Members
    • View Profile
Warm Up With Play Money Before Real
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
I guess most of us if not yet all are now into "real money" games already. (Honestly, I started poker with "play money")

After my straight loses from SNGs, I thought I had to calm down to re-evaluate my game style. So I went back to "fun steps" (of course from Carbon which is my favorite site) using my play money credit to buyin for the chance of $1.
It didn't mean to me that I'm actually playing to finish all the fun steps to win that $1 BUT to see the cards dealt to me & learn the proper way to play it. 

I think there's really something about "warming up" first before the actual game just like those who are in sports. They do stretch legs first, they do shadow bowling, doing basketball free-throws, smashing tennis balls, etc.

And my tip to others now just like what I started doing, warm up first by playing "play money". Spend about 20-25minutes maybe. Just get the feel about your hands, your strategy & your luck on that day. Then after that, go ahead & play "real money" games.

Warm Up With Play Money Before Real!

gn2056

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Warm Up With Play Money Before Real
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »
maybe the fun steps would work for warming up at least step two because people play somewhat similar to real money, however most play money games there is nothing on the line I would think would actually be a hinderance to your playing well.

highestkicker023

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:21:11 PM »
thanks for the input gn2056. i agree, on fun step 2 & fun step 3 the players plays differently already. i remember myself playing these fun steps before & i would go so tight in playing fun step 3 to win the $1.

underdog140

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 11:31:33 PM »
I think those fun steps are a wast of time.
They are fun to play if you have nothing else
to do or no other game to play but if you look
there is always a game somewhere.
Solution to the glass is half full - half empty ......

If you are taken something out of the glass than its half empty if you are putting something in the glass than its half full.. 

underdog140

highestkicker023

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 11:39:14 PM »
thanks underdog. i don't really stick on playing fun steps. my point here is it might help you if you got to "warm up" by playing the fun steps first before playing the "real money".

underdog140

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 11:55:36 PM »
Yes I know what you meant and yes that could help.
I  just meant that playing and winning those sit n gos
are not easy and takes alot off time.Not worth the $1 you
could win but are fun to play I play them sometimes.
Solution to the glass is half full - half empty ......

If you are taken something out of the glass than its half empty if you are putting something in the glass than its half full.. 

underdog140

micron1

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »
I LIKE TO WARM UP WITH 20 TO 50 DOLLAR GAMES BEFORE I JUMP TO THE BIG DOG GAMES LIKE 500 AND 1000 DOLLAR GAMES