Author Topic: OK, you Obama lovers... bring it.  (Read 4363 times)

GOLDNSQUID

• Members
    • View Profile
OK, you Obama lovers... bring it.
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:17:05 PM »

If George W.  Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter
installed to be  able to get through a press conference, would you have
laughed and said  this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is
really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If  George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of  dollars to take Laura
Bush to a play in NYC, would you have  approved?

If  George W. Bush had reduced your retirement  plan's holdings of GM stock
by  90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have
approved?

If  George W.  Bush had made a joke at the expense  of the  Special
Olympics, would you have  approved?

If  George W. Bush had given Gordon  Brown a set of inexpensive and
incorrectly formatted DVDs, when  Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful
and  historically significant gift, would you  have approved?

If  George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an  iPod containing videos
of  his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic
and  tacky?

If  George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi  Arabia , would you  have
approved?

If  George W. Bush had visited Austria  and made  reference to the
non-existent "Austrian language," would you   have brushed it off as a minor
slip?

If  George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle  of advisers  with
people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes,  would you
have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as  to  refer to "Cinco de
Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it   was the 5th of May
(Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he   tried again, would you
have winced in  embarrassment?

If George W.  Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered
him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he
is?

If George W.  Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel  to go plant a
single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W.  Bush's administration had okayed Air  Force One flying low
over millions of  people followed  by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan
causing widespread  panic, would you have wondered whether  they actually
get what happened  on 9-11?

If George W.  Bush had failed to send relief aid to  flood victims
throughout  the Midwest with more people killed or  made homeless than in
New Orleans ,  would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue
with claims of  racism and  incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to
him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America,
would you have approved.

If  George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO  of a  major
corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority  to  do so,
would you have  approved?

If  George W Bush  had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken
more than  two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you  have
approved?

If  George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10
years, would you have approved?

So, tell  me again, what is it about Obama that makes  him so brilliant and
impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't  worry. He's done all  this in 5
months -- so you'll have three years  and seven months  to come up with an
answer.
"Politicians never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money --- only for wanting to keep your own money." [Joseph Sobran]

JOE_1280615

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • QPTO
Re: OK, you Obama lovers... bring it.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 10:17:30 PM »
Maybe these would be worth answering if they were original.

Please post link to original so we don't get in trouble for copywrite infringement
"A Good Friend is someone who you can call to bail you out of jail. But a Best Friend is someone who is sitting right next to you in jail saying, "Damn that was fun, let's do it again!"

GOLDNSQUID

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 12:40:38 AM »
 I was not trying to take credit for it. It is from an email that was forwarded around so if by some chance the author sends an e-mail by all means give them the credit, I don't understand how that makes it any more or less worth answering. Enjoy your new mayor and all the high taxes that he will bring! :)
"Politicians never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money --- only for wanting to keep your own money." [Joseph Sobran]

PFP Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:31:50 AM »
The thing is you could make a post about stupid/bad moves by every president we have had.

The one major thing that Obama has done is to bring in younger voters. Older people have been voting on who runs our country for years. Now what has to happen is those younger voters have to stay active, Not just by voting again but by staying after the ones they vote for. A large voice no matter if they voted for the one you like or not is what we (USA) really need.

GOLDNSQUID

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 10:12:50 AM »
I don't think the youth vote is that important because they are for the most part uneducated and don't pay taxes. If they were more informed, and I think everyone needs to be regardless of which side they are on, then it would be a good thing. I think there needs to be a test before someone is allowed to vote to make sure they are qualified to do so. I would also support only letting people who own land  or maybe those who actually pay taxes vote. I don't own any land so I would lose my vote but the country would be better off in the long run. It is because of the greed and wealth envy of the masses coupled with the class warfare rhetoric of career politicians that has gotten us to this point. Until voters fully understand why our system of government has worked so well for so many years and what it truly means to be free and why this is so important, we will continue slide backwards.

underdog140

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 03:07:19 PM »
Well,I think anyone has the right to vote.Owner of land or Not.
What you are saying will stop people that are less off to not
voice there opinion and vote on who they think would help them
and there country.The world is filled with all kinds of people
rich/poor/Lazy either way everyone has the right to vote if they
want to.
Solution to the glass is half full - half empty ......

If you are taken something out of the glass than its half empty if you are putting something in the glass than its half full.. 

underdog140

GOLDNSQUID

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »
You do know there is no Constitutional Right to vote?

underdog140

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 03:24:57 PM »
You do know there is no Constitutional Right to vote?

Just saying everyone deserves to vote no matter what.
I myself am from Canada and dont vote but that is my
choice but anyone should be allowed to.
Solution to the glass is half full - half empty ......

If you are taken something out of the glass than its half empty if you are putting something in the glass than its half full.. 

underdog140

PFP Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 08:57:19 PM »
I am talking about 40 and under. During the last election we as a country returned to the voter turnout percentage of pre 1968. The voter turnout has dropped since 1968 and the country has declined in values. Pre 1968 most families had one parent at home, violence in schools was not seen, family values were higher, this list could go on forever. We as a group let the country decline by not questioning the leaders we had in place. The Clinton scandal doesn't bother most Americans and that's upsetting. While I do not think it effected his daily running of the country he was a leader that should be looked up to . He lied under oath in a courtroom. Bush and the other leaders lied about WMD to invade a country for OIL.

People that voted in 1968 were at least 18 year old putting them at the age now of 69. Why have our leaders worried about Seniors (Medicade, Social security (by not touching it) over the past 41 years? Maybe it is the age bracket that votes and has several groups in Washington looking out for them. The 40- age groups have nothing if seniors were the majority of on-line poker players the gaming law would have never been put into place. How much TV time did the law get? I watch several news stations and it had very little coverage yet a law passes to cut senior health care by .005% it gets covered 24 7 on every network.

Everyone looks to blame the leaders yet we put them in office and let them get away with anything they want. with younger voters turning out (if they stay active) they might watch what they do, now they only worry about seniors.

GOLDNSQUID

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 02:42:30 AM »
"Bush and the other leaders lied about WMD to invade a country for OIL."

See this would be one problem, while you are right Clinton did lie under oath and the country should of been much more upset about it then they were, Bush did not lie. See every major intelligence agency in the world said he had some and was trying to acquire more. Saddam himself said that he had them and he said he would use them if we invaded. We did find WMD's in Iraq. We did not find large stockpiles of nukes but they had a large stockpile of yellow Cake uranium as well as chemical weapons. Just ask the soldiers that were injured while trying to disarm one filled with sarin(sp) gas, they would tell you Bush did not lie. We also did not go into Iraq for oil. Oil is the reason that the UN did nothing about Iraq for many years, the UN president's son was making millions of dollars by violating the embargo. If we were going to invade a country for oil we could of used the CIA to take over Venezuela without actually going to war as they were in chaos at the time. Even if Iraq really did not have WMD the difference between Clinton and Bush would be Clinton knew for a fact that he was lying and being dishonest, Bush was going on what the intelligence agencies had told him along with the evidence they supplied. Would you say that teachers and professors lied about things like Brontosauruses that we later found out never existed?

The Earth was smaller back then and less complicated. Our technology has been both a blessing and curse. Because of hard work and our free market we became very prosperous and the generations before who worked hard gave too much to their children. The children grew up spoiled with a sense of entitlement at the same time learning about the poverty in other countries. We have poor here in the United States but they are not really poor compared to the rest of the world. We are generous by nature and that has led us to high taxes and huge government. We keep growing the size of government in the futile quest to help the poor and "less fortunate", making the same mistakes that led to the fall of the Roman Empire. The cold hard truth is that by and far people are poor because they keep doing the things that keep them poor while the rich stay rich because they keep doing the things that make them rich.

I have rambled some through this post and if I get a chance I will clean it up more tomorrow and also provide links to back these things up if anyone wants.
One last thing about Obama:

I really don't like or trust him. His policies and love of government are creating more and more hardships on us and will just make it harder to dig ourselves out. I think that in the long run though it will be better for us as more people will want less government as they see how what he is doing effects us. With that said I have seen how people who support him are reacting negatively toward his sending more troops to Afghanistan and how he has not pulled the troops out of Iraq. I was wondering if anyone has considered that maybe he sees the intelligence reports and now knows the threats that we face there that have not been made public? Maybe after reading the same reports as Bush read and coming to a very similar conclusion that maybe there is something very real to the threats we face?

PFP Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 08:52:19 AM »
I am not going to argue if Bush should be held for information given to him by people he had in place about WMD. He told several lies while in office and so has just about every other person we elect.

I am not saying I like/dislike everything Obama, Bush, Clinton or any other President we elected. I know the President is one of the weakest people in the Gov. What I am trying to say is that Obama made people interested again about voting. That's the ones for him and against. Now those people need to stay active put the pressure on whoever they elect and fight for the things they think are right. You seem active in your posts here on politics make sure not to just stop here. Contact your elected officials and voice your opinion, join groups that have the same interests as you have. Fight for the things you think are right don't just bash a person, fight for your cause.

chances226

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 05:27:02 PM »
i agree with the post with obama getting the younger generation involved with the voting aspects of politics

DeaN_01

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 03:54:47 PM »
     don't ya just love the Mad T.V.  Bush character----I wonder if Obama will get a second term in office.  Wow "yellow Cake uranium", I often wondered about that Dave Chappelle yellow Cake skit.  "Poor people keep doing things that keeps them poor" that's interesting.   Yeah I guess if they put down the 18 packs and 40 ozs theyd be able to invest in an education.  Those darn poor people.

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 08:10:55 PM »
do any of you really even know the true history of our country for the last 150 years?? or is this just the television speaking at me through the minds of the misguided?? people we have had, and still have major issues. period!!
  omg i dont even know where to start. so i will just pause and let this one rest and see if anyone really gives a hoot. but i will say this, the good ole days were never what you may have been told or lead to believe they were. this country has been hanging by a thread for many many decades now. we have more than once,  been waist deep in our own excrument. yes we have had more than most in the world. but this was due to things that can not be attributed to morals or high values. it was due to resources  and a need in a blossoming world economy. we were in the right place at the right time with right products. and our self governing is still on a  very slippery slope.
so this was just a condensed jumble of thought and shocked horror at how little  we all  seem to know to truely know about this country's history.

ps. i dont paint daisies on manure, i dont lie to children, and most of all i don't kid myself when something smells like dung.

peace out
              asz

Dookdrawls

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 01:26:54 AM »
Oh blah blah blah ASZ.  Here you go here.  Read the original post and then sit down and try to answer that one lefty.  LOL  And felon's can't vote but they can own land.  Should they be allowed to vote as long as they are not incarcerated?  Is this not the same country that they could be working and trying to make a living and pull it together in?  Are they so unfortunate that they are now unable to vote forever?  I am not saying that a felon should vote I am just pondering and asking some questions out loud.

Later,
A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.

Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774