Author Topic: Near Final Table!  (Read 999 times)

FCesario21

• Members
    • View Profile
Near Final Table!
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:01:57 AM »
Well, after few years playing poker, i discovery that i lost a lot of torneys with avarege quantity of chips in the period i am near the FT when there is around 20 or 30 people left...And i finally dicovered why!

This period is usually marked by one thing...blinds going high.

1 - How it affects my game?

Well it causes afraid of losing my chips for the blinds, what makes me play more carefully with good hands and at the same time more agressive bluffing more to steal the blinds, all these things usually make me lose all my chips before arriving at the dreamed FT.

2 - How it affects my opponents?

Obviously, all these things dont just affect me, it affect all players with avarege quantity of chips, they play more agressive and bluff more too... the one's with small quantity usually try their last shot in a allin with medium or good hands... and the ones in top usually stay out of this war for a while.

3 - Soo what is happening?

Everyone is playing too careful when they should be agressive and agressive when they should be carefully!

Example of being too carefull:
I have 10k chips, blinds are 1k/0,5k, I come with AsQs but just call the blind (becouse i am afraid  of not coming nothing in flop and losing many chips).The small Blind calls and the BB checks, soo the flop opens Ah 4h 4s, i bet the guy in SB fols the BB raises, Well lets analyse, i have a good game? if i had bet before flop for sure i would, but he payed nothing to enter, he can easily have a 4! you can be calling or going allin in with lost hand.

Example of being too agressive:I have 10k chips, blinds are 1k/0,5k, the button is on me,I have As4h ,everyone folds until me, soo i think, it is a good time to steal blinds,i raise to 3k, lets analyse it: My game is not good, if some one raises i will need to fold or go all in asking for lucky, i am risking 3k to win 1,5k from blinds, Now think should i really made this raise?. ok continue, SB folds, BB calls, flop is: Ah 10h Jc
Lets analyse again: I have a top pair, is it good?my kicker is ridiculous low, if i bet half of the pot i will be pot commited and if he raises i will be obligated to call, if i bet low or give check, there are lots of cards that can give him the Straight, Fluch, two pairs, etc... (if he donts already have something better than me). soo you are in the worse situation, you will need to toss a coin and ask god he dont have nothing!

4- How should i play?

Play more agressive with good hands, dont give them the chance of beating you by lucky and dont regret if
you lose it with an good all in, this happens you will at least be risking with good odds and Simply dont play bad or medium hands becouse the pot are high and they can pot commit you!

Expect that you guys liked!

Author: Me

Tomturkey46

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Near Final Table!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
Sound advice Felipe, I will try to follow it.

The Turkey ;)