Author Topic: [url=http://juicystakes.eu/?t=20334&Lang=en][color=red][b][u]Cake[/u][/b][/color][/url]/defrag  (Read 4367 times)

puzzykat

• Members
    • View Profile
anybody know why my Cake files won't defrag?  i actually thought i manually deleted them once but i guess not.  i don't even save my hand histories so i don't even know why they are there.  these are the only files on my computer that won't defrag.  anybody know why? ???
it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

cntryboy

• Members
    • View Profile
I wish I knew the answer because I've noticed the same thing. I tried to figure it out for hours at one time and gave up finally. If I do come up with anything I will let you know.

cow344

• Members
    • View Profile
Well the only thing I could think of doing then is no delete the whole Cake program from your files and re-download  Cake after rebooting computer!  Drastic but may be be only thing to do.  Yes it may be more than what you may want to do.

Cake may have what's called a shadow program in it.  More and more sites are doing it.  That is why you get a box opening ( pop up) asking to allow this program or cancel, when it opens or tells you updates are available.

Just seeing part of the future unfolding!  Good luck!

sheepies

• Members
    • View Profile
Im sure that they made the files a read, but no write file..Check to see whats in the file when you click my computer then program files, then see whats in there!!
I Luv Play Poker!!

highestkicker023

• Members
    • View Profile
like what i mentioned in another thread here, i had slight problem with Cake Poker. I even had a hard time uninstalling it under add/remove programs.
I hope the new one that I reinstalled would work ok now.

puzzykat

• Members
    • View Profile
i opened the files they were all hand histories.  i have the don't save hand histories option checked there.  i also deleted them once manually one by one  :P  and now i see they are back again.  a real pain in the butt they are.

cow344

• Members
    • View Profile
To get rid of hand histories have you tried first changing the "Days to keep Hand History" number to Zero ( 0 ), or to remove the check mark beside " Save my Hand History" when you open options when opening Cake, and going to the hand history tab!

Tomturkey46

• Members
    • View Profile
Thanks Cow, I did exactly that and clicked off the "save" box.  I had the days tp save set at 3906 days, so I may have a few hands in my computer already lol.

The Turkey ;D

puzzykat

• Members
    • View Profile
i tried to set it at zero but it wouldn't accept it,  states must add an integer greater than 0.   so it is set for 1 and my save hand history box is not checked.  although it might of been at one time or another.

cow344

• Members
    • View Profile
i tried to set it at zero but it wouldn't accept it,  states must add an integer greater than 0.   so it is set for 1 and my save hand history box is not checked.  although it might of been at one time or another.

You may have to open your folder where the hand history is saved on your hard drive and delete all but one game ( the last you played, and do not worry)  from then on it will only save it for till you close the Cake program!  Can be a headache but it is what you want by previous posts.

You need to have 1 there or you will not be able to play the next time you want to play on the Cake network.  Giving info this way as not to confuse you with different steps all at once.  This way I also have found that people can follow and understand from past experiences.

puzzykat

• Members
    • View Profile
i have manually opened every file and deleted them but my computer thinks they are still there.  any such thing as a ghost file?  :o

cow344

• Members
    • View Profile
How days ago did you do this and have you rebooted since then?  Also they are from England so there 8 hours difference between you and them.  It may be till Tuesday you may have the files reduced or missing since they have to do your request in their comfort time zone ( 8 hours ahead of you which may take a day to comply with).

If it still there by midweek e mail Cake support with full details.  Their support has been great with me.