Author Topic: how to win at freerolls  (Read 1318 times)

mikey_leiden

• Members
    • View Profile
how to win at freerolls
« on: February 11, 2010, 08:03:34 AM »
This is my strategy to get at least in the top 5 in freerolls

This strategy is based on freerolls for about 500-1000 players

Strategy

The first hour

I will keep it short, since there are too many long and boring strategies that keep coming with the same info in another context.
Freerolls are played by everyone, good players bad players, annoying people that just keep going all in and all in again.
The last to are the ones you will have to look out for, even if you have good cards, never take a risk in the beginning of a tournament, because
the players that dont know the game or so will go all in with A 6 (not even suited)!
it would be very sad if you have an As Ks and will be beaten by a A 6!
Just call when it is low if you have AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK(suited) KQ(suited)
note: Do not go all in with these cards at the pre-flop (bad beat isn't nice and very frustrating)
And very important; DO NOT BLUFF in this stadium

After the first hour

This is the moment the most of the bad players are gone, except for the lucky ones!
Here you can play more aggressive and try to steal the blinds (very important since the blinds go up and ante needs to be paid so what you can get by playing cards is too less to keep playing)
you can also introduce some new cards to you playable hands like
AA (all in when in late position and not so many people in the pot)
AK
AQ
KK (same as AA)
KQ
KJ
QQ
QJ
10 10

When you are in the pot with a few players and they just check or make low bets/calls you can try to bluff (I will make a apart tutorial on that).
Make sure that your stack is not less then the average stack, if it does
go back to the "first hour strategy" and tighten up!!!
(it is not a shame to pull back and change strategy a couple of times to create some confusion!)

Congratulations

If everything went well you are now in the money, but you can't tell me that you want to quit now and earn some crappy cents, thats just waste of your time since the most freerolls will take up to 4-5 hours.
So concentrate!
This is the part where the "n00bs" are all gone and you play with some pokerfreaks so be carefull!
you can recognize the good players not at the amount of chips they have but at their check, bet, call, raise and fold actions!
they will try to get to see the flop with as less chips as possible and fold most of the time (most common way to spot the good ones).
If you want to be in the top 3 (other places won't pay that well) you have to be carefull, but take some risks to!
the hands you can play are the same as in the second part of the freeroll + from the 77,88 and up
When in late position try to steal the blinds, but not to often or you will be recognized as a bluffer!

I hope this is a nice strategy on how to play freeroll poker, if somethings missing feel free to pm me or just add a reply

Mikey

cooldude_186

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: how to win at freerolls
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
I agree... big things... bluff less often. PLay only top 10 hands and try not to play the Absolute poker freerolls... they'll  make you pull your hair out

mikey_leiden

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: how to win at freerolls
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »
ooh hell yeah, just like stars, everest and full tilt
i personally like yogapoker, 365bonitas, PDCPoker and GR88

the big ones are really frustrating when u get kicked out after
five hours of blood sweat and tears