Author Topic: You're not out till you're out!!!  (Read 1674 times)

TicketMan4u

• Members
    • View Profile
You're not out till you're out!!!
« on: August 27, 2010, 06:53:30 PM »
I recently won a $10 Freeroll on FeltStars poker. It wasn't much money but I beat out another 132 players to get there. The road to the winner's seat is what I want to tell you about. Again I want to thank a player from another forum, contraSol, for suggesting I step up my game and be more aggressive.

I ended up at the final table 5th out of 9 players left with about 19K chips left in my stack.The chip leader had about 66K and loved to shoved his stack all in every chance he got. We played about 20 hands and I had built my stack up to about 41K when I drew A, A in the BB position. The blind were 1500/3000 and there was five of us left sitting at the table. Everybody folded around to the player(cutoff) just before the button who went all in with about 37K so I called. He showed A, Ko so I felt pretty confident. When the flop came 2, 5, J I felt even better and when a Q showed up on the turn I never seen it coming. The river brought a 10 giving him an A-10 straight that cracked my Aces and washed me away leaving me with only 1436 chips. I congratulated him on a nice hand and figured my game was over. But......you're not out till you're out!!!

I figured with only 1436 chips I'd better push and push hard. I picked my hands and got lucky. I pushed all in on 6 of the next 9 hands and built my stack back up to about 40K. About 20 hands later I won the game. So the bottom line is this, it's hard to fight back and win when you're down but it can be done.

Thanks contraSol

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: You're not out till you're out!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 08:21:57 AM »
WELL DONE SIR! anything else i might say would be redundant. keep up the good work.

peace asz

TicketMan4u

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:15:09 AM »
I see since the rat's been away no ones been nibbling on the cheese and your karma is back on the rise.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes.  :)  :)  :)

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »
some people just have a need, and i fill that need i suppose. but i am sure rat boy will be back. once the have left their droppings they are bound to return.   lol

peace  asz