Author Topic: A-A vs K-K vs 5-2 OFF SUIT LOL  (Read 17616 times)

Chip-Stack

• Members
  • Love Playing Online Poker ( [url=http://www.pokercs.com/_1ffe08ada6c05488e4b6002f06212308/1][color=red][b][u]Carbon[/u][/b][/color][/url] )
    • View Profile
A-A vs K-K vs 5-2 OFF SUIT LOL
« on: November 04, 2008, 06:23:49 PM »
Hi all iv'e just finished been put out of a small tourney at Carbon i was short stacked with POCKET KINGS so went allin with 710 chips sb called bb called cards turned bb has pocket aces very nice i have kings very nice sb has 5-2 off suit small blind hits a striaght lol call a allin 710 chips with a 5-2 off suit and busts pocket aces & pocket kings where does this site get the IDIOT / DONKEY / BINGO PLAYER FROM OR DO THAY WORK FOR THE SITE LOL   >:( >:(
Carbon:ToonArmy4416
Pitbull:keith-Lyons-4416
FullTilt:KCOBRA4416/PokerKiller4416
Nastyduck:Chip-Stack
Grosveners:KCOBRA4416
BetFair:44ToonArmys
PKR:ToonArmy4416
Ladbrokes:Poker247265
Tony G:247Poker365
HollyWood:44ToonArmy16
DoylesRoom:KCOBRA4416
Everest:Chip-Stack

Stay cool Make money

underdog140

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: A-A vs K-K vs 5-2 OFF SUIT LOL
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:15:18 PM »
That sounds like something that would happen to me....lol
Tough luck...for you and the guy that had the AA.
Solution to the glass is half full - half empty ......

If you are taken something out of the glass than its half empty if you are putting something in the glass than its half full.. 

underdog140

cow344

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »
Point one :  with pocket pairs there is usually one way to improve.  By hitting 1 of 2 outs left in deck maybe( the outs may of been dealt).  With two cards like 2-5 os there are six outs + the runners for straights.

Pocket As and Ks have 5% chance of hitting a partner.  The 5-2 os  16 outs for pairs and straights or a 33% chance.  Two pair how ever low bet a pocket pair.

If you give a person the right odds they will call with any thing.  With pocket pair you need to hit 4 cards to do straight which is even slimmer.  Than 2-5 os hitting straight since only 3 verses 4 is more likely to happen. ;)  Lighting strikes the same place quite often if you understand how to handle it.  Look at some of the pro's suck outs on TV!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:46:35 PM by cow344 »

underdog140

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 10:44:23 PM »
ya pocket pairs are not that good I just lost in a
cash table with AA to 10 7.I thought I bet enough
to only get good hands to call but I guess not.

Pocket pairs are good when there one or two players
in the pot even than you have to be carefull.If you have
a big pocket pair and 3 people are in the pot there is a good
chance you r hand is not going to win.Lost with AA KK so many
times it isn't funny.

calling an all in with 5 2 offsuit is still crazy no matter what
odds you are getting.The only way i would call with 5  2 is if I
 only have to call 1 or 2 times the big blind for the all in and I have a big chip lead on everyone else.still not sure if I would.
Solution to the glass is half full - half empty ......

If you are taken something out of the glass than its half empty if you are putting something in the glass than its half full.. 

underdog140

TicketMan4u

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 12:31:47 AM »
I've lost with AA and KK myself so many times it ain't funny. Strangely it seems the ones who goes all in with nothing against me gets lucky and hits the monster hands. Then when I do it I get NOTHING!!!

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 04:28:26 AM »
one of our better playing members villaridge posted a topic on our sister site Texaswheel, on this very issue i believe it was called variance. he makes a very descriptive analogy of the condition that plagues top starting hands to doom.  in a simple nutshell... you have to lose some to win alot. but you must remain committed to playing top hands to see a good resulting end.

peace asz