Author Topic: IS THIS THE END OF THE ROAD????  (Read 2165 times)

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
IS THIS THE END OF THE ROAD????
« on: May 29, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »
 yesterday the 29th i got a very disturbing phone call. it was from my prepaid credit card company. they were delivering a automated message. concerning the restrictions that visa and mastercard are implementing on all future transactions. specific too any and all know gambling and associated gambling internet sites. they will no longer be able to do business with any of the types of sites named.
yes this was a prepaid card company and yes they have to abide by the main contractor (visa, mastercard) terms of usage. so this could be the first new step to attempt to squash our favorite past time.
 i am guessing this explains the onslaught of every site i play, having sent me new super bonus reload offers.

peace  asz

TicketMan4u

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: IS THIS THE END OF THE ROAD????
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »
   Asz, I believe it has something to do with the new Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) regulations that will take effect June 1st. They've written some kind of new laws that make it illegal for banks to transfer money to on line poker sites. I've been having trouble with VISA for a couple of weeks now and started using eWallet and eCheck with no problems.
   I've joined a poker players alliance supported by Daniel Negreanu that is fighting for poker players rights and will be glad to post the web addresss if it is permitted. They have a lot of information on what is going on with all of this and it may not be as bad as it seems. The law will not prevent us from playing nor withdrawing our winnings, we will just have to come up with alternate sources of funding our accounts. And as you all know......when it comes to getting your money from you to them, someone will figure out a way to do it.

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 05:04:43 AM »
you would be correct ticketman. the attempts to stave this off, have finally come to and end. so yes this could very well be deemed the end of the road. at least for the ease and comfort of online transactions by the means of credit card transactions.
  here is a link a to  http://www.osga.com/wordpress/?p=318&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
 it  has a very short and to the point write up on the issue. you would think that the feds would want a piece of this action and not hand it off to foreign interests.

peace   asz

ritehere

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:43:20 PM »
This has been coming on for a long time now. And along with all of you I to believe that it is bull##@@.
  They can use the excuse that the moneys are possibly being used to fund terrorizm or any other activity they want. But I guess the real this is that day by day you can see that freedom really is free.
  As long as the government will allow it anyway.

TicketMan4u

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 07:57:12 PM »
Governments don't run the countries anymore, money does. Those that have the money, whether it be individuals, big corporations, or banks, make the rules and control governments and politicians who in turn control us. Eventually government will find a way to tax every dime spent on gambling and then they will be happy.

recoveryagent

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »
yeah it really bites i still dont know if money orders will work or not maybe its possible to get a canadian visa or mastercard gl.i too have bit the dust withh my mastercard

stephenwei

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »
Hi,asz.In my place,I can;t use credit card  to deposit at pokerroom
too.
But we can solve it.
I use webmoney to deposit.
There is about %0.8 Fee at Cake poker when u deposit.
And If u need cash out from pokerroom to webmoney there is no charge.
But if u want to get webmoney to cash ,it need %1 fee when u do cash.
I hope this can help u.
You can google it for more info.
 :)

asz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 06:23:59 AM »
yeah it really bites i still dont know if money orders will work or not maybe its possible to get a canadian visa or mastercard gl.i too have bit the dust withh my mastercard

indeed 3d oops, (recoveryagent) it does bite. i recently recieved a email from FeltStars poker saying they are now able to use visa credit cards by the use of a processing agency. i myself have not tried this (still have  small funds there) but it would seem that the greed and need for ease and quick processing has won the battle. and you can always use western union. but good grief they are expensive!!
     peace  asz

Hi,asz.In my place,I can;t use credit card  to deposit at pokerroom
too.
But we can solve it.
I use webmoney to deposit.
There is about %0.8 Fee at Cake poker when u deposit.
And If u need cash out from pokerroom to webmoney there is no charge.
But if u want to get webmoney to cash ,it need %1 fee when u do cash.
I hope this can help u.
You can google it for more info.
 :)

thanks for the info on the china scene stephen. i didnt know you could not use credit cards.and as far as web moneys, i was aware of that option. but the real issue is more of convenience than ability to make a deposit or withdraw cash. as i have used picclub for a couple of years now. but they have slowly reduced the number of rooms they do business with.

so as far the end is near.....hell it is always near!! right around the next corner or next deal or even the next time congress convene's.

peace  asz

TicketMan4u

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 03:33:56 PM »
we used instant eCheck on PokerStars this morning with no problem. Gonna try it later on Carbon. Not sure if its the same thing though.